CMC Electronics offers a variety of fiber optic solutions for various applications.
Typical packaging options include:
- Hermetic or near hermetic
- Wide range of fibers: singles, ribbon, single mode, multimode, large Numerical Aperture (NA)
- Applicable to Emitters, Receivers and Transceiver products, with options:
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Interchangeable receivers with internal APD and High Voltage (HV) regulator
- Wide operation temperature compensated emitter driver
- Health monitoring through serial communication port
These packages may contain Emitters or Receivers. Emitters such as Edge Emission (EE) lasers or Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) with single or multiple junctions for high slope efficiency are available over a wide range of wavelengths. Both APDs and PINs are available in Silicon (Si) or Indium Gallium Arsenide (InGaAs) material as single or multiple element components.
Vertical and Lateral fiber pigtail packages are hermetic fiber pigtail technology package developed by CMC Electronics. These packaging options offer high reliability in harsh environment conditions. The vertical pigtail package can be used as a drop-in replacement for most circular TO-can glass window products using a relay lens assembly for fiber optic coupling.
The Lateral fiber pigtail package incorporates an APD with a GasFET cascade configuration transimpedance amplifier in a DIL-14 pin package. The amplifier uses an internal feedback resistor with an overload input protection circuit for fast recovery. The device is optimized for continuous wave (CW) type of operation into 100-ohm impedance load.
Design possibilities include thermoelectric cooler option, bi-directional transceiver design and adaptations to various fiber configurations.
For additional general information, refer to the Maintenance-Free Hermetic Feedthrough Fiber Pigtailed Electro-Optic Sensor